Live theater fans, rejoice! This fall, Broadway at Binghamton will resume bringing touring musicals to the Broome County Forum in Binghamton. On the schedule, announced today (April 13):
- Escape to Margaritaville, Oct. 19-20, featuring both original songs and Jimmy Buffett classics
- An Officer and a Gentleman, Feb. 23-24, 2022, a musical adaptation of the Oscar-winning film
- Summer: The Donna Summer Musical, March 29-30, with a score featuring more than 20 of the disco diva’s classic hits
- Waitress, April 19-20, based on the movie about a waitress and expert pie-maker who dreams of a way out of her small town and rocky marriage
- Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, May 17-18, with new songs as well as the tunes from the original film
Season tickets, starting at $185, are available now by calling (607) 772-1391. Subscriber benefits include guaranteed seating and a first chance to purchase additional tickets to the five Broadway in Binghamton shows and season specials such as a holiday show Dec. 9 by Mannheim Steamroller.
Also on sale now: Tickets to Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story on Nov. 14. This show originally was scheduled for March 29, 2020; tickets for the original performance date will be honored for the rescheduled date
The 2021-2022 M&T Bank Broadway Season is sponsored by The Press & Sun-Bulletin, MIX 103.3 and WBNG TV. A portion of the M&T Bank sponsorship will benefit the Broome County Arts Council. For more information on upcoming shows, visit BroadwayInBinghamton.com.