LUMA Mural Mapping Workshop
August 7, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
Don’t miss your chance to have your artwork featured in the 2019 LUMA Festival! Join us in the Cooperative Gallery at 213 State Street at 6:30PM for a workshop on Mural Mapping, and get all your questions answered! Not tech or digital savvy? No problem! We have many ways for you to submit your art for consideration including template canvases!
Call for Artists
LUMA invites you to submit your work for the 2019 projection festival! Your work could be featured as a projection on the facade of CVS in downtown Binghamton – right in the heart of it all! In the coming weeks, we will host a number of workshops to walk you through the process -trust us, it’s easy!
Mural Mapping is the term used to describe the translation of a still image onto the facade of a building. How does it work? We’re asking artists to submit proposals using drawing, painting, and collage on one of our templates.
Our templates detail the structure of the CVS building, and accepted proposals will be translated by LUMA team members to bring the facade to life through projection mapping. When projected on, the building will be transformed into your mural. We ask interested participants to consider the architecture of the CVS building in Downtown Binghamton when creating their proposals. This will increase your chances of being selected as a contributor to the LUMA 2019 Mural Mapping Project.
- Populate the template with your artwork or vision: We accept BOTH digital submissions and works on physical templates, which will by provided at the Cooperative Gallery 213 on State Street and at Garland Gallery on Washington Street. Physical templates consist of a finite number of 18” x 24” canvas and bristol paper templates. Digital templates are also available for download below. The exact template must be used to make an accurate projection.
- $10 application fee: If using a digital template, this application fee is due when turning in your proposal. If using one of our physical canvases, this application fee is due upon picking up the template.
- Deadline to submit works: August 24th by 4PM, for BOTH digital and physical entries. Digital entries may be submitted to LUMAMuralMapping@gmail.com. Please indicate your payment method when submitting works via email. Physical artworks will be collected at the Cooperative Gallery 213 on State Street in Binghamton, August 23rd from 3PM to 4PM and August 24th from 12PM to 4PM.
- August 30th: notification of inclusion in LUMA 2019 sent out.
- In addition being featured throughout LUMA weekend, the original selected proposals will be featured in Cooperative Gallery 213 for First Friday, September 6th, and throughout the month of September.
Official links to digital template files:
PSD (Photoshop, 13MB): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_2fwLEMoeNEWln-6L8kAVrxNOZFALpqF
PNG (2MB): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1auR_uzsZV-4BHG8nnPPNk7Rh4dty5HxJ
PDF (1MB): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NqmJn7waj770GQZccpmF6HWdWuwPo8J_