COVID-19: BCAC’s Preparedness Response
Page Updated May 3, 2021
The Broome County Arts Council will provide our Artist Members and Cultural Partners with as many resources as possible to help you mitigate financial loss during the special circumstances that COVID-19 presents in our community.
NYS Covid Update 5/3/21: NY Joins Neighboring States on Lifting Most Capacity Restrictions
New York State, along with a coalition of neighboring states, will take a “major” step toward reopening.
“Beginning Wednesday, May 19 most capacity restrictions will end across the tri-state area,” Governor Cuomo said. “That includes retail stores, food service, gyms, fitness centers, amusement parks, and family entertainment centers, hair salons, barbershops, offices, museums, theaters, etc. No capacity restrictions on all of those activities.”
Additional Resources and Emergency Relief for the Arts
Event Safety Guidance (adapted from U.S. Travel Association)
- Businesses should adapt operations, modify employee practices and/or redesign public spaces to help protect employees and customers.
- Businesses should consider implementing touchless solutions, where practical, to limit the opportunity for virus transmission while also enabling a positive travel experience.
- Businesses should adopt and implement enhanced sanitation procedures specifically designed to combat the transmission of COVID-19.
- Businesses should promote health screening measures for employees and isolate workers with possible COVID-19 symptoms and provide health resources to customers.
- Businesses should establish a set of procedures aligned with CDC guidance should an employee test positive for COVID-19.
- Businesses should follow best practices in food and beverage service to protect the health of employees and customers.
Grants, Emergency Funding, and More
General Artist and Arts Organization Support
- Candid.org Coronavirus Relief Funds (Listed by Region)
- New York State Council on the Arts COVID 19 Resource List (Grants, Resources, and More)
- The Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Emergency Grant Program Intended to provide interim financial assistance to qualified painters, printmakers, and sculptors whose needs are the result of an unforeseen, catastrophic incident, and who lack the resources to meet that situation.
- CERF+ Emergency Assistance Grant (crafters / folk art)
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants COVID-19 Fund for Experimental Artists
- Arts and Culture Leaders of Color Emergency Fund for BIPOC artists and administrators
- Artist Relief Practicing Artists 21 years or older, dire emergencies due to COVID-19
- Max's Kansas City Project Professionals in the creative arts, restricted to medical, legal, and housing aid
- Arts.Gov COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
- Americans for the Arts Federal Relief Resources
- Southern Finger Lakes Arts Preparedness Network Resources for Artists and Organizations
- CNY Arts COVID-19 Information and Relief for Arts
- Covid-19 Freelance Artist Resource This list is specifically designed to serve freelance artists, and those interested in supporting the independent artist community.
Musicians and Music Industry
- MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Sweet Relief Musicians Fund COVID-19 Fund
- Pinetop Perkins Foundation Assistance League (Blues Artists over 50)
- Live Nation / Crew Nation (Musical Crews) (Currently closed but may reopen)
Entertainment, Theater and Acting Industry
- Dramatists Guild Foundation Emergency Grants
- Actors Fund (Union and non-union workers in entertainment and the performing arts)
Literary Arts and Authors
- Queer Writers of Color Relief Fund (currently closed)
- Authors League Fund for Emergency Circumstances
- Writers' Emergency Fund (currently closed)
- Carnegie Fund for Authors
- American Society of Journalists and Authors Writers Emergency Assistance Fund Freelance writers who are currently ill or caring for someone who is ill