COVID-19: BCAC’s Preparedness Response
Page Updated May 22, 2020
In the coming months, The Broome County Arts Council will provide our Artist Members and Cultural Partners with as many resources as possible to help you mitigate financial loss during the special circumstances that COVID-19 presents in our community. This page is being updated daily to share resources and opportunities.
Our offices and Artisan Gallery will be closed to the public until June 15th*, but we’ll still get you the latest art views, art news and art opportunities, as well as resources to help our artists, performers, and musicians get through this difficult time. Additionally, you may reach us with questions via email at email@example.com. Shop Art online from the Artisan Gallery here!
We look forward to seeing you all again very soon! *Date subject to change based on COVID-19 updates from state and federal agencies.
Have an update for your scheduled event? Please use the button below to update your event information so we can share with our subscribers.
Additional Resources and Emergency Relief for the Arts
Event Safety Guidance (adapted from U.S. Travel Association)
- Businesses should adapt operations, modify employee practices and/or redesign public spaces to help protect employees and customers.
- Businesses should consider implementing touchless solutions, where practical, to limit the opportunity for virus transmission while also enabling a positive travel experience.
- Businesses should adopt and implement enhanced sanitation procedures specifically designed to combat the transmission of COVID-19.
- Businesses should promote health screening measures for employees and isolate workers with possible COVID-19 symptoms and provide health resources to customers.
- Businesses should establish a set of procedures aligned with CDC guidance should an employee test positive for COVID-19.
- Businesses should follow best practices in food and beverage service to protect the health of employees and customers.
Covid-19 Social Study Artists are invited to participate in a research project about psychological and social experiences during this period of the coronavirus pandemic (Covid-19).
Grants, Emergency Funding, and More
General Artist and Arts Organization Support
- Candid.org Coronavirus Relief Funds (Listed by Region)
- Tri-State Relief Fund to Support Non-Salaried Workers in the Visual Arts Emergency relief grant program will provide $1,250,000 in aid to Tri-State non-salaried workers in the visual arts who have experienced financial hardship from lack of income or opportunity as a direct result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- New York State Council on the Arts COVID 19 Resource List (Grants, Resources, and More)
- The Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Emergency Grant Program Intended to provide interim financial assistance to qualified painters, printmakers, and sculptors whose needs are the result of an unforeseen, catastrophic incident, and who lack the resources to meet that situation.
- CERF+ Emergency Assistance Grant (crafters / folk art)
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants COVID-19 Fund for Experimental Artists
- Arts and Culture Leaders of Color Emergency Fund for BIPOC artists and administrators
- Artist Relief Practicing Artists 21 years or older, dire emergencies due to COVID-19
- Max's Kansas City Project Professionals in the creative arts, restricted to medical, legal, and housing aid
- Arts.Gov COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
- The Craft Futures Fund will provide one-time, unrestricted grants of $5,000 to craft-based education projects that seed resilience, foster community, and amplify impact.
- Alliance of Artists Communities - List of Emergency Relief Programs The Alliance of Artist Communities (AAC) seeks to support artist residencies and artists as they navigate COVID-19 pandemic.
- New York Foundation for the Arts Emergency Resource Directory
- Americans for the Arts Federal Relief Resources
- Southern Finger Lakes Arts Preparedness Network Resources for Artists and Organizations
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grants for Unexpected Medical Emergencies
- CNY Arts COVID-19 Information and Relief for Arts
- Covid-19 Freelance Artist Resource This list is specifically designed to serve freelance artists, and those interested in supporting the independent artist community.
- Humanities New York Emergency Relief Grants to Nonprofit Humanities Organizations (Closed)
Musicians and Music Industry
- MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Sweet Relief Musicians Fund COVID-19 Fund
- Afro Latin Jazz Alliance Emergency Artist Fund
- Pinetop Perkins Foundation Assistance League (Blues Artists over 50)
- Live Nation / Crew Nation (Musical Crews)
- Equal Sound Corona Relief Fund Musicians with cancelled work
Entertainment, Theater and Acting Industry
- Dramatists Guild Foundation Emergency Grants
- Actors Fund (Union and non-union workers in entertainment and the performing arts)
Literary Arts and Authors
- Queer Writers of Color Relief Fund
- Authors League Fund for Emergency Circumstances
- Writers' Emergency Fund
- Carnegie Fund for Authors
- American Society of Journalists and Authors Writers Emergency Assistance Fund Freelance writers who are currently ill or caring for someone who is ill
Broome County Arts Partners Event Changes and Cancellations
*Check with individual venues throughout May as social distancing requirements are in flux.
BCAC Artisan Gallery
Author's Showcase - Postponed (New Date TBD)
Poetry Workshops with Joshua Lewis - Remainder of Spring Workshops and Events Cancelled, new schedule TBD for Fall 2020
Dual Destinies - Postponed
Clocks and Clouds - Postponed
Binghamton Theater Organ Society
Pop Pipes: WOMEN - Date changed from May 10th to June 10th
Binghamton University Cinema Department
Harpur Cinema Film Screenings (All) - Cancelled for the semester
BU Visiting Film / Video Artist Series - Cancelled for the semester
Broadway in Binghamton
Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story - Rescheduled for Sunday, November 1, 2020. Tickets for original March performance dates will be honored for the new date.
Fiddler on the Roof - Cancelled; Season Ticket Holders will receive a credit that will apply toward 2020 - 2021 season ticket renewal; Ticketmaster single ticket purchase holders will receive automatic refund. If you purchased your tickets at the Arena Box Office please visit www.BroomeArenaForum.com for instructions on receiving your refund. If you purchased your tickets through any other ticketing agency, you will need to contact them directly.
At this time Broadway in Binghamton is closed however employees are working from home to answer any questions patrons may have and can be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cooperative Gallery 213
Introspection by Karen Kuff-Demicco - Postponed
Karen Kuff-Demicco's show, "Introspection" will be up until April 25, 2020. However the gallery will be closed to the public until at least April 13, 2020
Emerging Artists Awards Ceremony
Winners will be showcased at BCAC Artisan Gallery in May as planned.
Goodwill Theatre, Inc.
Mayhem Poets - Postponed (New Date TBA)
That Physics Show - Postponed (New Date TBA)
enJoy Jazz Night - Cancelled
Comedy with Jen Kober - Postponed (New Date TBA)
Eroica Trio Classical Musical - Postponed (New Date TBA)
Hedy! The Life and Inventions of Hedy Lamarr - Postponed (New Date TBA)
*If you already have tickets for this event but have not received an email about the postponement, please contact the Box Office at email@example.com so we can inform you of new show dates as they become available.*
Orazio SALATI Studio & Gallery
Gallery Hours - Saturdays 11-3 & By Appointment During the Week
Viggo Holm Madsen / The Darrel J. Dunlap Collection - Postponed
Phelps Mansion Museum
May First Friday Event - Cancelled
Redeemer Lutheran Church
First Friday Christian Music Jam - Cancelled
Roberson Museum and Science Center
Arts Adventure - Postponed (New Date TBD) *Tickets will automatically be transferred to the new date. Those wishing to receive a refund should contact MGrasso[at]Roberson.org*
All Roberson events are postponed.
The Memory Maker Project
5th Birthday Bash - Postponed (New Date TBD)
Trinity Memorial Episcopal Church
Candlechant (First Friday event) - Cancelled