Broome Art Guide
2021 Edition: Art Builds Community
The Broome Art Guide 2021 Edition: Art Builds Community features the visual artists, musicians, studios, galleries, and cultural centers unique to Broome County through a pictorial narrative. This upcoming edition has been expanded from the 2020 Binghamton Art Guide to encompass the entire county. Includes a center spread sponsored by Visit Binghamton! The arts guide will be printed in November and distributed to regional galleries and arts organizations, universities, local businesses, and arts partners. Free and available to the public, this 6 x 6, high quality, printed collectible booklet serves as a guide for residents and tourists alike.
The Broome Art Guide is modeled after the annual catalogue of artists and galleries showcased each year in Provincetown, MA – a town renowned for its tourism around arts culture. The Ptown Gallery Stroll, similar to Binghamton’s First Friday Art Walk, produces the Provincetown Art Guide each year – an historical, cultural, collectible catalogue.
A nominal fee is required for features and helps support the Guide, BCAC, and our mission to support and promote the arts of Broome County.
View the 2020 Binghamton Art Guide here.
Contact Bella Seastrand, our Sales & Marketing Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about being featured or for more information.
View the online version below!
What is the Broome Art Guide?
- An annual pictorial narrative featuring artists and arts organizations unique to Broome County
- A 6 x 6, 80-page, high quality, printed collectible booklet
- Expanded from the 2020 Binghamton Art Guide to encompass the entire county
- Free and available to the public
Who can be in the Broome Art Guide?
- Visual artists, musicians, studios, galleries, and cultural centers
- Must be living, working or exhibiting in Broome County
- Must have previously exhibited a body of work with 5 or more pieces, released an album, been published
- Retail artists must be established online or at a physical site
- If applicable, please provide link to website, exhibition page or ecommerce store
- Nominal fee required for features
- Ad space available for local business sponsors
- Selections for the Broome Art Guide are limited. Featured participants are at the discretion of BCAC.
Where was the 2021 Broome Art Guide distributed?
Post-release in November 2021, the Broome Art Guide was distributed to:
- All artist and arts organization participants
- BCAC’s office and gallery spaces during monthly exhibitions at the Taste NY Atrium Gallery and Orazio Salati Studio & Gallery
- Monthly First Friday locations
- Regional Council of the Arts partners
- Regional galleries, art studios, and artisanal shops, including Equinox Press, the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art, Cazenovia Artisans, Gallery 41, Black Cat Gallery, State of the Art Gallery Ithaca, and Schweinfurth Gallery
- Binghamton University public spaces, such as the Art Museum, University Union, Dean of Students office, Commuter Lounge, Art Co-op, and the Downtown Center
- SUNY Broome Community College art department
- Relocation welcome packages provided through the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce and Binghamton University
- Regional colleges and university art departments, including Ithaca College, Hartwick College, Marywood University, Mansfield University, Cazenovia College, and Scranton University
- Mayors’ offices of Broome County municipalities and members of the Broome County Legislature
- Local businesses and organizations, such as MediaBrush Marketing, Cornell Cooperative Extension, public libraries, Vestal Museum, YWCA, NoMa, Broome County Council of Churches, M&T Bank, and downtown Binghamton hotels