Frequently Asked Questions
Q? We’re looking for artists who would like to exhibit their work in our space, can you tell us who might be interested?
A. We don’t maintain a roster of artists for this purpose, but you can post your call for artists here or use our Member’s Directory to contact an individual artisty directly. It should include:
- Your requirements for the work (size, style, subject matter, etc.),
- how long you want the work to be shown,
- how the artist should submit their work,
- whether the artist can sell their work while it’s in your space,
- whether the artist will be paid for the use of their work in your space,
- your contact information, and
- a deadline for submissions.
Before you bring any artists’ work into your space, you should also be sure you’ve got insurance to cover you if any of the work gets damaged by your employees, customers, clients, or other visitors.
Q? How can we ask some area artists if they would contribute work to our fund-raiser?
A. We don’t maintain a roster of artists for this purpose, but you can post your call for artists here or use our Member’s Directory to contact an artist directly. It should include:
- Who you are;
- What the event is;
- What kind of art you’re looking for;
- Are you expecting the artists to donate their work or the proceeds of the sale to your organization, or a portion thereof;
- Will you accept anything submitted or is there a selection process;
- What is the process and deadline for submission; and
- Contact information if there are any questions.
Once you’ve got all this information together, you can use it to solicit artists individually, too.
Q? Can I show my work / read my poetry / perform my music in your gallery?
A. BCAC invites fine artists and cultural curators who live and work in Broome County to submit proposals for gallery exhibitions and programs for consideration by BCAC’s Program and Membership Committee. Proposals are invited from visual artists, poets and writers, musicians, and performing artists, as well as curators of cultural programs with local significance. Emerging artists are welcome to submit proposals. Priority will be given to BCAC members, but ALL submissions will be considered.
For more information, click here
Q? How do I post my event to your Community Calendar?
A. You can post on our Community Calendar here. Steps are listed below:
- Navigate over to the Add Community Event Page or click here
- Fill out the form with revelant information about your event.
If you would like to view the current Community Calendar click here.