Daily Art Boost
2020 #DailyArtBoost Video Campaign
The Broome County Arts Council (BCAC) is inviting artists of all media to submit short (30-60 second) videos updating Broome County on what they are working on! Let’s give our community a boost to get through the social distancing!
Want to share your own video on what you have been working on? Videos can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information in your e-mail:
- Name / Artist Name
- Title of video
- Video link (if on social media, vimeo, or youtube)
- Video file (if sending from your phone)
- Your social media handles (so we can link to your awesome work!)
Videos will be shared on our Facebook page, and archived on this web page for future viewing. Thanks for participating!
Community Art Share
In an effort to engage our community in art, especially during this time of social distancing, we are encouraging our BCAC Board and Staff to share images and videos of their own “art in the time of coronavirus”. This invitation is extended to BCAC Donors and Cultural Partners to share with their staff and Boards, so that the Art Share may be used to share our communal talent and highlight each company, business, foundation, Cultural Partner, or individual. Submissions will be shared with the community via social media (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn), our weekly newsletters, and on this page!
This initiative will enable BCAC to promote businesses and Cultural Partners while providing an opportunity to showcase a community commitment to art-making and art-stewardship. Whether collector, creator, or performer, we offer four categories for submission: Stewardship, Performance, Creator’s Space, and Fun with Classics.
Share your Collection:
- Submit 3-7 photos of art pieces in your collection and briefly tell us about each piece. (1-3 sentences each)
- Give us a video tour of your collection, accompanied by your narration or descriptive text. (1-3 minutes)
Share a video of yourself, family member, staff or board performing!
- Sing a song
- Recite a poem
- Perform a reading
- Play an instrument
Example: 4/20 Hakan Tayga Plays Cello
- Share a video of your work space, the artwork you have created, or demonstrate your process. (30-60 sec)
- Submit 3-7 photos of your own art, with short text description of each. (1-3 sentences;<50 words)
Example: Orazio Salati’s Studio Tour
Fun with Classics
- Grab your pets, family, colleagues, or friends to recreate a famous painting – either literally or humorously!
- Check out the Getty Museum Challenge for inspiration!
Example: Catherine Schwoeffermann from the Hoyt Foundation! (see above!)
This initiative is generously sponsored by the Stewart W. and Willma C. Hoyt Foundation, Inc.